Guidelines for Reopening Your Business
Businesses are all in very different phases of reopening – some are closed until their business is instructed that they can open, some are partially open (curb pickup) and some are open to the public now. Wherever your business falls, there are important things to remember.For the business
- Be sure that your policies and procedures are updated. You will need to reflect any changes such as sanitization procedures, job descriptions, dress code (masks and gloves), flexible time to alternate employees, etc. Those updated policies and procedures should be written and signed by employees.
- Staff will need retrained on the updated policies and procedures. It is important that staff know how to work through the changes as customers will be watching closer than ever. Customers will specifically want to know what your business is doing to assure their safety. You could have pictures or videos on social media or in your business. Visuals are huge.
- Discuss various situations that the employees might encounter with their customers and help them through role play. If the customer is angry about a particular change in policy, how should the employee handle it?
- Be sure to check on your employees from a personal side. You never know how the changes in the community could have impact on their personal lives.
- Post clear instructions for customers – wearing masks, changing hours, online option, pickup locations, etc.
- Provide customers with amazing customer service. Remember, they have choices and have chosen your business. Thank them.
- Review the company website and update as needed. Be sure that hours are accurate and general information is easy to acquire.
- Bring a positive attitude to work. Your staff learn from your actions.
The Troy/Maryville/St. Jacob/Marine Chamber of Commerce is available to assist businesses with any resources they might need or questions they might have. You can visit their website at www.troymaryvillecoc.com or give them a call at 618-667-8769. Or, if you prefer, you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The Chamber is here to exceed your expectations.
Dawn Mushill, Executive Director
Troy/Maryville/St. Jacob/Marine Chamber of Commerce
Customer Service and Beyondwww.dawnmushill.com email@example.com